Screen Quality: Aftermarket VS OEM.
OEM / original
- Used by around 10% of all repair shops in New Zealand (source: our supplier).
- The LCD is an original Apple Retina™ display with crisp detail, colours and high brightness.
- The Touch digitizer is original (faster, smoother touch).
- The frame / bezel is low profile and fits the phone perfectly.
- The glass has oleophobic (liquid repellant) properties.
- The glass is stronger.
- They are more expensive, but also more durable.
- The discerning customer will notice the difference.
Aftermarket / High Copy
- Used by all repair shops in New Zealand and every 'Facebook' iPhone repairer.
- The LCD is a copy; colours and brightness are not the same as original.
- The Touch digitizer is a copy, and may be slightly less sensitive to the touch.
- The frame / bezel is slightly thicker and the screen may sit higher in the phone.
- There is no liquid repellant finish on the glass.
- They are cheaper, but not as strong.
- It's often hard to tell the difference for most people unless they are side-by-side with an original.